BILLERICA, Massachusetts – January 31, 2019 Teledyne DALSA, a Teledyne Technologies company and global leader in machine vision technology, announced a new compact, low-cost vision system for multi-camera applications.
The GEVA 400 system offers excellent cost savings for multi-camera vision applications, such as final inspection of large assemblies. The four Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) compliant Gigabit camera ports are compatible with a wide range of cameras, including Teledyne DALSA’s industry leading Genie Nano GigE. Adding cameras is easy with commercially available network technologies, allowing for large configurations at much lower system costs. The GEVA
400 features the latest Intel® quad-core ATOM™ architecture, and offers low power consumption and solid performance for a wide range of machine vision applications. In addition, the system can be easily expanded with an optional PL-USB companion module that offers I/O expansion and easy integration for up to four GigE cameras.
“Our new GEVA 400 system offers excellent cost/performance for a range of multi-camera applications,” says Steve Geraghty, General Manager of Teledyne Digital Imaging US. “Complete with our trademark embedded vision software, the GEVA 400 delivers a robust, reliable and cost-effective solution for manufacturers across all industry segments.”
In addition to the four PoE camera ports, the GEVA 400 includes Ethernet and serial ports for communicating with 3rd party devices, four USB ports for setup and run-time control, and a factory enterprise, dedicated display. Vision solutions on the GEVA 400 are setup using our integrated iNspect or Sherlock software applications. iNspect software is easy to use and requires little or no prior vision experience, while Sherlock offers greater flexibility to tackle more challenging inspection tasks. Both software packages offer a wide selection of tools and capabilities for applications requiring positioning, identification, verification, measurement, and flaw detection.
Key features and benefits include:
- Quad Core Atom @ 1.8 GHz for low cost multi-camera deployment
- 4 GB program memory, 256 GB SSD storage
- 4 GigE camera ports with PoE
- 2 GigE communication ports for 3rd party interfacing
- 4 USB ports, 1 RS-232, VGA and HDMI for direct connect display with high resolution
- 0-50°C fanless design provides a rugged and reliable platform for factories
- 55 x 145 x 198mm, DIN mount design makes the GEVA 400 easy to mount, consumes less panel space
- I/O support via external PL-USB, makes it easy to integrate with Genie cameras
- Win10 IoT Embedded 64-bit O/S with write filter protects drive image when power is lost
- iNspect Express and Sherlock 64-bit software for greater performance and efficiency
For more information about the GEVA 400 system, visit the Vision Systems section of the Teledyne DALSA website here.