Nashua, NH, October 16th 2017, Clear Align announces the acquisition of optical and electro-optical/infrared (EO/IR) systems and lens design, fabrication and coating capabilities from General Dynamics Mission Systems.
The acquisition positions Clear Align as a front runner in military and homeland security surveillance, while expanding the company’s advanced imaging skills to include full systems integration. Within 3 weeks of the acquisition, Clear Align successfully consolidated their Hudson, New Hampshire operation into a new Nashua facility, significantly expanding the engineering and manufacturing capabilities located at 24 Simon Street, Nashua, NH.
“Adding capabilities to our existing intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance expertise enabled us to further broaden our portfolio of solutions serving the tactical ISR community,” stated Scott Payette, the GM of the Nashua Operation. “Combining operations expands our ability to provide quick-turn projects from components to payload”.
“Our existing customers are excited about how this acquisition is going to streamlines operations and provides them with reduced lead-times and better communication from a fully vertically integrated company.” noted Angelique X. Irvin, CEO of Clear Align. “Our position as an innovator, especially in high definition and long range imaging, differentiates us as a partner who continues to deliver our ruggedized IRZoom lenses already deployed in the thousands.”
- Establishes Clear Align’s industry position as a leading supplier of vertically integrated infrared surveillance systems.
- Represents another significant step in Clear Align’s strategy to leverage our position as a forerunner in high definition imaging for gimbal and pan-tilt products with proven reliability to address the demanding requirements of the homeland security market.
- Creates a substantial infrared design and manufacturing organization that can better satisfy the growing demand for defense grade optical systems and lenses.
- Expands the optical assembly operations, adding 25,000 sq ft for the integration and assembly of optics, mechanics and electronics including cleanroom operations.
- Reinforces Clear Align’s optical component manufacturing capabilities by adding significant diamond turning, DLC and AR coating operations.
- Consolidates environmental qualification services and supports long-term testing and shock or vibration of larger, complex systems weighing up to 500 lbs.
About Clear Align
Clear Align is a global leader in the design and manufacture of precision optical assemblies from components to payload providing in-house optical, mechanical and electronics expertise that sets us apart from other contractors. Clear Align’s imaging expertise spans the UV, Visible, NIR, SWIR, MWIR, and LWIR portions of the spectrum. We provide complex fully qualified optical solutions for defense, medical and commercial applications from terrestrial to space grade hardware. Clear Align maintains SDB, WOSB and SB status after this acquisition.