TAMRON ANNOUNCES 2 MP/FULL HD-COMPATIBLE COMPACT ZOOM LENS FOR BOARD CAMERAS
New 1/3" 9-22mm F/1.6 (Model DF020) medium telephoto lens provides an all-new
solution to mini-dome camera applications.
November 12, 2012
November 12, 2012, Saitama, Japan — Tamron Co., Ltd. (headquarters: Saitama City; President: Morio Ono) proudly
announces the 1/3" 9-22mm F/1.6 (Model DF020) 2 mega-pixel/Full HD compatible, compact zoom lenses for board cameras.
The demand for mini-dome cameras has grown within the surveillance camera market, chiefly due to their installation efficiency
and reasonable cost, and higher quality has been a requirement for the low-end 3"-class mini-dome cameras in recent years.
Previous mini-dome cameras used Vari-Focal lenses that required the zoom and focus to be adjusted manually, requiring time and
effort during installation in order to achieve precise focus adjustments in mega-pixel class cameras. The number of outdoor
installations of mini-dome cameras has also increased, leading to a greater need for lens brightness and zoom functionality,
as well as remote control operation.
Tamron's new 2-mega-pixel/Full HD/IR compatible compact zoom lenses are designed to meet these specific needs by delivering the
convenience of zoom lenses but in a size that fits the low-end mini-dome chassis. In addition to the frequently used existing
wide angle 3.0-9mm lens, a new 9-22mm medium telephoto lens of an equivalent size is now available, and both can be operated by
remote control via networks. These products provide an all-new solution to mini-dome camera applications.
• Compact design allows installation in 3" mini-dome cameras
• The lenses feature a compact design that allows installation in low-end 3" mini-dome camera bodies, ensuring compatibility
with a wide range of camera markets.
• The wide-angle, standard 3.0-9mm type and medium telephoto 9-22mm type lenses are approximately the same size, which allows
them to be used in mini-dome cameras that use common platforms.
• 2 Mega-pixel/Full HD compatibility, 9-22mm medium telephoto range, and F/1.6 aperture (Model DF020)
The lens covers a 9-22mm medium telephoto range for both indoor and outdoor monitoring.
Tamron's proprietary optical design provides 2 mega-pixel/Full HD compatibility and high image quality from wide angles to
• Compatible with remote control applications
A Stepper motor is used for focus and zoom. A lead-screw type motor with minimal backlash has been used for remote control
operations via networks, which allows accurate control of the focus and zoom.
• Maintains focus at night and under near-IR light conditions to deliver crystal clear image quality monitoring, 24-hours a day
Optical aberrations are corrected for visible and near-IR wavelengths, providing sharp, clear video images even at night
when a wide range of different wavelengths are present.
• Structural design provides space for the mounting of near-IR LEDs
• Peripheral resolution has been further improved compared to existing mega-pixel lenses
• Image circle design that takes into consideration various CMOS sensor sizes
• Environmentally-friendly design
For more information visit wwww.tamron-usa.com.
More Stories in Imaging and Machine Vision