Mobileye Collision Avoidance Now Connects with iPhones
January 6, 2013
Las Vegas, January 2013 – Mobileye, the world leader in Collision Avoidance Systems, launches a new improvement:
the ability to link its connected car system with the iPhone and iPad. This is accomplished with a dedicated iPhone application
that enhances the connected car capabilities previously available only to Android users.
The Bluetooth linked smartphone application allows the user to receive all driving indications or warnings directly to their
smartphone and also incorporates a report analysis component as well as the ability to change the sensitivity settings on Mobileye
5 visual camera functions.
Driver assistance and safety functions on the Mobileye system include:
• Mobileye Headway Monitoring and Warning: Helps the driver keep a safe following distance from the vehicle
ahead and alerts the driver when following too closely
• Mobileye Forward Collision Warning Alerts the driver of an imminent collision with a vehicle or motorcycle—up
to 2.7 seconds before a collision—providing enough time for the driver to react by changing course or applying the brakes
• Mobileye Pedestrian Collision Warning Notifies the driver of an impending collision with a pedestrian or
• Mobileye Lane Departure Warning Warns the driver when there is an unintentional deviation
from the driving lanes
• Mobileye Intelligent High-Beam Control: Automatically raises and lowers the high-beams without inconveniencing
oncoming or preceding traffic
• Mobileye Speed Limit Indication: Detects, “reads” and classifies various speed signs and alerts your
smartphone when you exceed the speed by a predetermined limit
Mobileye’s technology has already been installed in more than one million vehicles around the world. More and more manufacturers,
including Ford, GM, Volvo, BMW, Hyundai and Nissan are integrating the Mobileye system into their vehicles. New features are
constantly being developed to enhance and make safer the driving experience. Future generation devices will include camera-only
automatic electronic braking, as well as various features enabled by self-driving technologies.
"The launch of our iPhone app, together with our existing Android app, takes our technology to a new level of flexibility and
comfort. Our connected collision avoidance system helps the drivers relax and arrive safely to their destination,”
said Isaac Litman, Mobileye Products CEO.
Mobileye is the technology leader in Collision Avoidance Systems, advancing driver safety through collision prevention and
mitigation. Our comprehensive solutions have been integrated into the vehicles of manufacturers including Ford, GM, Volvo,
BMW, Hyundai and Nissan amongst others. Mobileye is headquartered in The Netherlands with offices in the United States, Israel,
Cyprus and Japan, and research and development operations in the United States and Israel. For more information, please visit:
More Stories in Gadgets